QUT Gardens Theatre is operating under an approved COVIDSafe industry plan, which includes increased cleaning, contactless service and social distancing measures. All patrons are required to follow the COVIDSafe guidelines and any directions from staff at the theatre.
Prepare for your visit
Stay home if you are unwell, have recently travelled to a declared hotspot, or if you've been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case.*
Have your tickets ready on your phone or bring your print-at-home ticket with you for scanning by our staff. We are unable to issue printed tickets at the Box Office.
At the theatre
Please arrive and depart in your social group. You must remain 1.5m from everyone not in your social group once inside the building.
Use the provided hand sanitiser on entry or wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, especially on arrival and before eating or drinking.
Masks must be worn in indoor spaces where you can't physically distance. Patrons aged 12+ are required to wear masks (unless exempt).
COVID-19: additional terms and Conditions of Sale
Please read the following terms and conditions, which are in addition to the regular Box Office Policy, prior to purchasing your tickets.
The wellbeing of all visitors, artists and staff is our priority and with this in mind we encourage you to read through the following information about our health and safety measures prior to your visit.
Under the Queensland Government’s Public Health and Social Measures linked to vaccination status Direction, anyone entering Gardens Theatre aged 16 years and over must be fully vaccinated or medically exempt. All patrons over the age of 16 years will be required to register through the Check In Qld app and to provide proof of vaccination (or medical exemption) at time of entry.
Masks are mandatory at Gardens Theatre, and we ask that you bring your own mask to the theatre with you. As Gardens Theatre is operating at 100% capacity under Queensland Government health directives, please be aware there may be patrons occupying the seats directly beside, behind or in front of you during a performance.
Information on this page is subject to change and will be updated accordingly in line with government guidelines.
- To purchase tickets, you must provide the following contact details for everyone attending: full name, mobile number and residential address.
- Contact details, along with seating allocation, will be kept by QTIX for 56 days from the date of the performance.
- Patrons agree that all contact information will be available to public health officers upon request.
- QTIX will not share contact information with any third party other than the relevant health authority, and will not use the information for promotional purposes.
- Tickets will be issued in a digital, PDF format, and will be sent by email to the ticket purchaser, not individuals.
- Patrons must either print their PDF ticket/s or ensure their ticket/s are available on their phones for scanning.
- If available, tickets purchased at the Venue will be by contactless payment methods only.
- For events in which patrons have selected their own seating, or if social distancing protocols change, it may be necessary for the Venue to move seating allocations to comply with current regulations at the time of the performance.
At the event
- The Patron is responsible for having their ticket/s available on their phone or printed out, with the barcode/s clearly visible, for scanning at the door. Tickets will not be reprinted at the Venue.
- Patrons must not attend if they are sick or have been overseas in the previous fortnight.
- Patrons may be asked health screening questions on arrival to the Venue.
- Patrons who are unwell will not be able to attend the event, and a full refund will be provided.
- Patrons agree to abide by all social distancing and health protocols.
- Patrons agree to follow the instructions of venue staff at all times.
- If patrons do not comply with protocols, or authorised requests, they will be asked to leave immediately without refund or further recourse.
- Refunds or exchange of tickets will be available to any customer who has developed any Covid-19 symptoms after the purchase of tickets, or who has come into contact with anyone who is symptomatic or is a confirmed case.
- Patrons acknowledge that while the Venue has taken all reasonable health and safety precautions to keep the audience, staff and performers safe, patrons enter the Venue at their own risk without recourse to claim against the Venue regarding health outcomes.